Mars Miniatures

Mars Miniatures

Sunday, July 5, 2015

July 4th Weekend Part 2 - Shadow and Flame!


Mr B: Oh, you think darkness is your ally. But you merely adopted the dark; I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but BLINDING!

[grabbed from the shadows and repeated punches to the face]

Mr B: I will show you where I have made my home while preparing to bring justice. Then...  I will break you. 


Big Bad time, boys and girls! 

Its the Big Bad!
Mr B himself, 
thats right... Balrog! 
BALROG!
Or as Legolas, that pointy-eared girly boy whispered it "Bhaal...rohh...guuhh..."

And some goblins from Darkhold miniatures, which I got from Splintered Light.  They arent Oldhammer, but they are cutely sinister, and thats why they are here.  Also, we have new terrain to represent Darkhold, a level of Moria in the Underdeeps.  Its a chaotic hellish ruin of fire, metal, blood, and brick.   Definitely not a place to go on holiday.


This is Mr. B
He is a C31 Citadel Balrog. 
Mr B. means business
You do not want to mess with Mr B
Everyday is a bad day with him.


A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.

Darkhold gobbos might be silly looking, but remember they do eat man-flesh.  So watch out, they bite!

Individually they arent much of a threat, but in numbers they can poke and stab things to death.

Im guessing that lil snotling in the center is a druid with a sickle.  Im gonna have to find him a pet of some sort... a cave squig perhaps?

And here is the goblin witch Minnie Castevet and her entourage

Minnie and her staff bearer

Minnie Castevet:  Snips and snails and puppy dog's tails. 

The porter and the lantern bearer

Venkman:  We've been going about this all wrong. This Mr. Stay Puft's okay! He's a sailor, he's in New York; we get this guy laid, we won't have any trouble!

 Meanwhile, a certain Wraith materializes into Darkhold...  it is Murkillor after his defeat in the Battle of Mazarbul.

Mr B:   Wraith, you have failed me for the last time.

Wraith Murkillor:  Milord, we shall double our efforts!

Mr B:  I hope so, for your sake, the Dark Lord Sauron is not as forgiving as I am.

[Wraith gulps despite having no corporeal throat]

Wraith Murkillor: What of the reports of the rebel Dwarf Balin and his Chaos Dwarves massing near Sullust?

Mr B: It is of no concern. Soon the rebellion will be crushed and young Skywalker (err, Balin) will be one of us. One more thing, Wraith...  build me an army of the undead and siege Easthold!  I know how you feel about raising your old comrades back to unlife, but this time...  do not fail me!

Wraith Murkillor: [looks down at his boots]  Yes...   my master.

Mr B:  Leave Balin to me....


Up next:   The finale for July 4th weekend...  Army of Darkness!







No comments:

Post a Comment