So the Dwarves tentatively move forward into Waterdoom Cavern... and then seemingly out of nowhere, the Drow appear!
At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge.
Hmm, those Drow are all in black and hooded, coincidence? I think not!
In the Chamber of Hougoumont, Countess Alyssa and her She-Elves jump down and take VP1.
Slithers the Chaos Hydra is nearby to protect her mistress.
Countess Alyssa, Level 2 wizard:
14 constitution points
Level 1 Spells
- Detect Hidden Doors: useless here
- Curse: cool, but also useless. Target gets warts, green nose, baldness, silly walk, and an outrageous accent!
- Flight: 3 energy, fly up to 12". Nice, could be useful.
- Far Sight: useless here
- Gift of Tongues: useless in this battle, but extremely fluffy (She does talk Dragonese)
Level 2 Spells (Now for the good stuff!!)
- Rooted To The Spot: 4 energy, lasts 7 turns, target cannot move or attack
- Thunderhand: 2 energy, x3 attacks @Str6, lasts until caster is wounded
- Skirriks Pentagram: 5 energy, creates a 2" radius around the caster that no one can enter including missiles or magic. Lasts as long as wizard remains stationary. Only a Balrog, greater Demon, or Liche may attempt to break it (d6 roll of 6 per turn). Nice! but it is pricey, energy-wise.
Immediately, Alyssa casts Thunderhand to increase her combat attacks!
Channard Cenobite: The doctor is in!
Hodor charges Alyssa and Slithers before overthinking the situation. Pickles enters the room and wheels left to face Nimbus.
Hodor slays one elf, but
Alyssa slaughters 2, and Slithers filets another tasty Dwarf. The
Dwarves are pushed back 2", The Drow follow up but cannot lap around due
to the terrain. Regardless, things are looking dire for Hodor's
Half a league, half a league,
Half a league onward,
All in the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.
"Forward, the Light Brigade!
"Charge for the guns!" he said:
Into the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.
Oona the Basilisk slithers around the Dwarves and is ready to pounce on their backs!
To make things worse, Alyssa casts Rooted To The Spot on Hodor and the poor Dwarf is frozen solid. The only thing he can move are his eyes.
Lord Commander Alric: Let the Dragons do their work. The army will fall back behind the reverse slope!
And boy do the dragons live up to their hype!
Ember has a 2" x 4" template that is Str6 and -3 to Save. Which simply means auto death for normal rank and file troopers! To be fair I judge that the short end of the template must face the Dragon. Even so, he still manages to charbroil 4 Reaper Clan Dwarves. Red Dragons FTW, if he can keep that up every turn!
Custard and Vermithrax spit their poison clouds and 2 Dwarves in Captain Drogo's succumb to poison, and Drogo himself loses 1 wound out of the 2 that he has. Poison is less spectacular being a simple Str 2 attack against everyone under its template
Now's not the time to be looking at maps, Pickles!
Nindalf agrees and casts Mystic Mist into the Chamber of Hougoumont!
Gloin: Stand and fight you pointy eared blueberry muffins!
Wallace and his men: ALBA GU BRÀTH! ALBA GU BRÀTH! ALBA GU BRÀTH!
Countess Alyssa: Ok, that Dwarf unit must be stopped from getting VP 2, and then...
(her eyes scanning the scene and stops on a certain Dwarven wizard)
Alyssa: Ahhh... there you are!
Next post: The Battle Ends!