Mars Miniatures

Mars Miniatures

Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Cabin In The Woods Of The Evil Dead

 This is Professor Raymond Knowby, Department of Ancient History, log entry number two. I believe I have made a significant find in the Castle of Candar. Having journeyed there with my wife Henrietta, my daughter Annie and Associate Professor Ed Getly. It was in the rear chamber of the castle that we stumbled upon something remarkable.


Morturom Demonto, the "Book of the Dead". My wife and I brought the book to this cabin where I could study it undisturbed. It was here that I began the translations. The book speaks of a spiritual presence. A thing of evil that roams the forests and the dark bowers of man's domain. It is through the recitation of the book's passages that this dark spirit is given license to possess the living. Included here are the phonetic pronunciations of those passages. "Cunda astratta montose eargrets gutt nos veratoos canda amantos canda".

 ~

Take a vacation. Get away from it all. Turn off the noggin and get some grogging they said.

 Who doesnt love a creepy old cabin in the haunted desolate woods? They were wrong. Dead wrong. Never sleep in a cursed cabin down by the river. Or forest.

The travel agent who booked you this spot was probably a Dead-ite. Or of Candarian descent!

Whatever you do, do not turn on the audio reel recorder where the old professor is reading passages from the Necronomicon Ex-Mortis - The Book of the Dead. Oh you already did?

Well, I guess you might as well listen to the rest of it...

It's only been a few hours since I've translated and spoken aloud the first of the demon resurrection passages from the Book of the Dead. And now I fear that my wife has become host to a Candarian Demon. May God forgive me for what I have unleashed unto this earth. Last night Henrietta tried to... kill me.

It's now October 1st, 4:33 PM. Henrietta is dead. I could not bring myself to dismember her corpse. But I dragged her down the steps... and I buried her. I buried her in the cellar. God help me, I buried her in the earthen floor of the fruit cellar.

Left to Right: Prince Arioch, Balthazar the Blue, Adeline

Some unfortunate adventurers have stumbled upon the cabin in the woods.

Prince Arioch: I told you we should have made a left at Albuquerque! 

Balthazar the Blue: Well being as there's no other place around this place, I reckon this must be the place. Where is the rest of our adventuring party?

Adeline: They are still back at our last campsite... re-speccing their talent trees again. *sigh*

Balthazar the Blue: Ah, well... anyway lets inspect the area. Let's split up and scout the area. I get a feeling there are important clues to be found in this place!

Balthazar finds a clue all right. Or rather a riddle. What's full of tentacles and hungry maws. Its a Dark Young of Shub-Niggurath!

Potent Potables, Colors That End In "urple", An Album Cover. Sean Connery its still your board.

Balthazar the Blue: I'll take An Album Cover for 5,000 

(bonus points to the readers who indeed know the answer to "colors that end in 'urple")

Adeline: I remember this game! I need to find two mirrors and put them on the statues, right?  

(extra bonus points to the readers who know the name of this old PC game that Adeline is referencing)

Prince Arioch: Ermahgerd berber Herperpertermerse!

(extra special bonus points to the reader who knew the pics that accompany this old meme. Before you googled it!)

Balthazar the Blue: Ok, we need a plan. Let me think... whats a good strategy?

Prince Arioch: I got one. If I have to die, Im gonna die last!

Adeline: He's not talking to you hammerhead.

Balthazar the Blue: We need time area. Backstage good. We do it! Razzle Dazzle!

Adeline: -.-

~~~

Oh, I forgot to mention the cabin is from Printable Scenery  printablescenery.com

Oh, and did you notice my new forest background? Its pretty spot on, for the cabin's background, if I say so myself!

Cheers,

Mar



No comments:

Post a Comment