Even more Dwarf reinforcements are on their way to Moria. First up are 24 Dwarfs made up from a mix of old school lead from Iron Claw and also from Essex Miniatures. While they are from 2 different companies, they are both sculpted by Bob Olley and are virtually indistinguishable from one another. In fact, after putting them together as a unit, I have forgotten which are Iron Claw and which are from Essex.
At any rate, lets investigate these Iron Claw/Essex Dwarfs further before judgement...
1) Skeletor helmet dwarf does look Chaos-y, I will admit.
2) The Dwarf wizard Peter the Hermit is holding an upside down imp and thats pretty cool. Is he about to sacrifice it or just scold the lil fella?
3) Next we have the Grandmaster Jacques De Solay with his fancy "Order of the Golden Sun" Helmet which means he is the Grand Poobah of this Lodge.
4) Our banner bearer here does look a bit ominous looking. Perhaps a Nurglish banner, but the head at the top reminds me of a D&D Oni Mage, so perhaps its a Tzeentchian banner. Ooh, btw the new Warhammer Quest has a Oni trollish looking monster.
5) Drummer here has a skull drum and bone drumsticks. Mahabone, brothers!
6) This fella has an eyepatch. One eye. Osiris reference, anyone? There is a definite and peculiar symbolism in this unit which an Inquisitor needs to look into. (Perhaps with an Ordo Hereticus team and a couple of Virus bombs in orbit, just in case...)
"My powers and my assets were given to me for one purpose. A magnificent,
but simple purpose: to create a new future. A future ruled by us."
OK, so maybe these Gothic/Chaos Dwarfs have some deeper sinister purpose. Or perhaps they will save Moria from imminent doom. At any rate, I get the feeling Balin is going to want to talk with these fellows.
Next Post: Dwarven Womenfolk & Bugmans Rangers