Mars Miniatures

Mars Miniatures

Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Inter-Team Socializing & New Backdrops for Photoshoots

 Got some new backdrops that are printed and stretched over a canvas frame. I thought I would take a few test pics to try them out. And put out a little more character fluff for the blog.

Left to Right: Mortimer the Brown, Balthazar the Blue

A meeting of Istari Wizards. They are old chums from Hogwarts days, and now they lead adventuring teams into high conflict zones around Middle Earth. Mortimer is from the Fellowship Reborn. Balthazar is from the Guardians of Gondor.

Mortimer the Brown: Hail, Mortimer...


Balthazar the Blue: Actually, I thought it would be partly cloudy with a chance of an afternoon drizzle, myself. But what do I know. I failed my meteorologicomancy classes, back in the day, if you remember.


Mortimer the Brown: *looks unfazed* Hello, Mortimer. Have you assembled your new team? I heard you conscripted Malekith the Anti-Paladin. Is that wise?


Balthazar the Blue: Oh we just finished dungeon training. They will be adequate for low to mid level jobs, I think. And the Anti-Pally is no problem. I got Karnov the Barbarian to keep him in check.


Mortimer the Brown: Karnov? Of the line of Canor the Barbarous? Thats good. How did you manage to get him to join up?


Balthazar the Blue: I got a valkyrie from Rohan on the team. Thats how. How goes it with your team? Next gig is up in Moria, eh? That place is a meatgrinder...


Mortimer the Brown: I got a bad feeling about this one, all right. I mean, I got a bad feeling. I dont think Im gonna make it out of there. I was just telling Poppy the other day who found a strange shiv on the ground... Y'all take a good look at this shiv. Remember what it looks like. You fudge up in a firefight... and I goddamn guarantee you a trip out of the bush - in a body bag!


Balthazar the Blue: Everybody got to die sometime, Red. I got no fight with any man who does what he's told, but when he don't, the machine breaks down. And when the machine breaks down, we break down.

Left to Right: Kipper the Squire, Malekith the Anti-Paladin, Sir Solaire Knight of the Blazing Sun

Three strangers from three teams. Kipper is from the Fellowship Reborn. Malekith is from the Guardians of Gondor. And Solaire is from the Rogues of Rhun.

Kipper the Squire: *looks nervously at the Anti-Paladin* Hi...  um, my name is Kipper. These inter-team meetups are pretty cool eh?

Malekith the Anti-Paladin: Oh, you look nervous. Is it the scars? Wanna know how I got 'em? So, I stick a razor in my mouth and do this... to myself. And you know what? I can't stand the sight of me! Now I see the funny side. Now, I'm always smiling!

Sir Solaire Knight of the Blazing Sun: Huh. I feel like the Sun is always smiling when it shines in the sky. So happy and warming. Gosh darn it, I'll just come right out and say it... Praise the Sun!

~~~

So those are the test pics and I think they look good.



No comments:

Post a Comment