Mars Miniatures

Mars Miniatures

Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Beastmen from Knightmare Miniatures

Animals are such agreeable friends—they ask no questions; they pass no criticisms. - George Elliot

Are you gonna bark all day, little doggie, or are you gonna bite? - Mr Blonde

Oh, give me land, lots of land under starry skies above,
Don't fence me in.
Let me ride through the wide open country that I love,
Don't fence me in.
Let me be by myself in the evenin' breeze,
And listen to the murmur of the cottonwood trees,
Send me off forever but I ask you please,
Don't fence me in.

~~~

On this post we got some Beastmen from Knightmare Miniatures, a company from Spain that produces some fine retro inspired miniatures with that 80s aesthetic that should please any Oldhammer fan. Unto some pics and some fluff...

Here is the group shot of our band of savage beasties! Despite their claws, fangs and tails... they are cute arent they? All they really want is a good belly rub, a scritch behind the ear, and a little boop to the snoot.

Left to Right: Bazza, Dr. Morostro, Sleeslak

Bazza is a batman, but not "the" Batman.. Dr Morostro is the Law Say-er of the warband and was once human but used alchemical potions to turn himself into a beastman to be with the animals whose rights he championed all his life. Sleeslak would in time, become the ancestor of a race of reptillians in a land of the lost.

Dr. Morostro: Not to go on all-Fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?

Sleeslak: Marshall, Will, and Holly
On a routine expedition
Met the greatest earthquake ever known.
High on the rapids
It struck their tiny raft.
And plunged them down a thousand feet below.
To the Land of the Lost.

Dr. Morostro: Am I a doctor? Im more of a vet.

Bazza: Ping, ping, ping... ping.

Sleeslak: Buddy, your sonar is sounding.

Left to Right: Jamper, Hondo, Codo

Jamper is a spiderman, but not "the" Spider-Man. Hondo the Hound is the right-hand man errr. I mean hound of Dr Morostro. Codo is a croco-gator.

Codo: Every other day I got a gator on my lawn
Well you dropped your groceries in the kitchen sink
Went to work and made the bathroom stink, come on, come on
Every other day I got a gator on my lawn

Hondo: Instinct and reason... what is reason to a dog? To hunt. To kill. To run with the pack. Awwwoooo....

Left to Right: Walro, Simi, Drax

Walro: Sitting on a corn flake, waiting for the van to come. Corporation t-shirt, stupid bloody Tuesday. Man you've been a naughty boy, you let your face grow long. I am the egg man, They are the egg men. I am the Walrus. Goo goo g'joob! 

Simi: I think I'm so educated and I'm so civilized
'Cause I'm a strict vegetarian
But with the over-population and inflation and starvation
And the crazy politicians
I don't feel safe in this world no more
I don't want to die in a nuclear war
I want to sail away to a distant shore and make like an apeman
I'm an apeman, I'm an ape, apeman, oh I'm an apeman
I'm a King Kong man, I'm a voodoo man, oh I'm an apeman
'Cause compared to the sun that sits in the sky
Compared to the clouds as they roll by
Compared to the bugs and the spiders and flies I am an apeman

Drax: Are we in a musical? Why are we all singing?

Simi: Tell me, humans. Why you make the pain, if we are your children.

~~~

So there is another villain warband for our heroes to fight. But I dont know... I almost dont want them to fight our heroes now. They got good songs... Kinks, Tom Petty, Beatles, and that version of "Dont Fence Me In" will be David Byrne's off of the Red Hot & Blue compilation, thank you very much. And if you dont know it, for shame! Listen to it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJV_MOwas7s&list=PLUipMnVM0esidG1EGtFC8anLlPJzlP09m&index=11

But seriously, I dont think I can fight them now that I gave them a little fluff. :p

Cheers,

Mar


No comments:

Post a Comment