Mars Miniatures

Mars Miniatures

Sunday, April 22, 2018

Night Elf Patrol, Citadel White Box SS3

We got 3 Citadel White Boxes in the next couple of posts.
This first one has Night Elves.

 Here is the Citadel White Box known as Night Elf Patrol SS3 - Speciality Set 3.

 Group shot of the Drow

 Commanderess Zelosa Forestburner & Lieutenant Kraal Hearteater

 Priestess Lillith Child-Impaler & Vard Demonslayer, Night Elf Champion

 Dyreel Dwarf-Flayer & Dosadi Warchild

 Yasl Spriteslayer & Ezron Nightstrider

 Nzandra Devilconsort & Qulla Darkfaith

 Princess Karla and Priestess Lillith

Princess Karla:  Thank you Priestess for waking me.  We shall reconquer all the lands in the name of Lodoss and Menzoberranzan!  But first we must raise an army worthy of the Drow.

Priestess Lillith:  We shall take you to Naggaroth, the land of the Dark Elves.  I am certain the Lord and Ladies of the Cold Lands will recognize your title and authority.

Princess Karla:  They must!  But if they refuse, do not fret, I am a sorceress-princess and I have other means to raise armies.

Skitters and Commanderess Zelosa

Commanderess Zelosa:  Whoa, Garthim!  Back off!  What did I tell you about getting too close to me!  Your Confusion Aura affects both friend and foe!

Skitters:  (coos for affection)

Commanderess Zelosa:   Ahh... poor beastie.  To be so unsettling to others, even to your loved ones... I suppose we must bear your vertigo nature (scritches the Umber Hulks neck) Your creators - the Skeksis were immune to your bewildering aura.  I wonder if any of those demonic vulture creatures still exist in Middle Earth?  I hear they were masters of the Chaotic magicks of Tzeentch.

Skitters: (makes strange clicking sounds)


~~~


Who would have guessed that Skeksis were Tzeentchian, or that Umber Hulks were Garthim?
What really happened in Lodoss long ago?
Did the Gelflings rise up and overthrow the Skeksis, taking their magic and their servants - the Garthim?
But most important of all... what happened to Aughra's Observatory... that wondrous mechanical astronomical machine?
Guess I better get myself that Age Of Sigmar - Numinous Occulum afterall... sigh.

Also, if you look at the black and white pics at the top banner of this blog, you will see the Night Elves in the right pic.
Slowly, the minis pictured on the banners are ending up in my painted collection...
Maybe someday, I will be able to recreate the above illustrations with minis.

Cheers,
Mar


Next Post:  Citadel White Box SS2 - Dwarf King's Court




4 comments:

  1. Splendid painting there... must dig out the few Drow figures I have. Looking forward to seeing the Dwarf King's Court.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks buddy. I am considering making all Elves into Drow. Its the Dwarf in me: "Wood Elves, High Elves, Dark Elves... they are all evil."

      Delete
  2. Fantastic. I've always envisioned Warhammer Dark Elves as D&D Drow. Love how you painted them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks buddy. Like I commented above to Springinsfeld, I want to "turn" all the elves even the "good" ones in Middle Earth into Drow. Evil Galadriel, evil Elrond... etc.

      Delete