Mars Miniatures

Mars Miniatures

Monday, April 23, 2018

Dwarf King's Court, Citadel White Box SS2

Buddies,

Another Dwarf King and his entourage arrive on the blog.

I believe that takes us to 10 Dwarf Kings about to be fed to the Balrog!

This time its the box set known as Dwarf King's Court - Speciality Set 2.

Group shot of the stunties

King Dumin Ironbeard & Queen Asabelle Dragonsmiter

I wonder if the Queen secretly wears the pants in this marriage.
Her smirk can definitely smite a dragon.

Orizard Oldrock, King's Champion & Quintin Limpfondle, Queen's Champion

Ahh, the Royal Champions.
Limpfondle is a disturbing name if ever I heard one.

Corbit Shortstuff, Gnome Jester & Cyril the Bear, the Royal Mascot

I love the Jester, and the bear is like "huh? what? me?"

Fungil Wisebeard, the Sage & Bomban Ironbeater, Royal Armourer

I dont know how many Dwarf wizards we got, but here is one more.
Actually, I think all we got is Nindalf, so now we have two!
The blacksmith is anxious to get to Moria and see the famous Anvil of Doom.

Sergeant Dimgol, Royal Banner Bearer & Mimbrin, Royal Guard

Sergeant Dimgol had a broken weapon, so I upgraded him to a banner bearer!
I enjoy repairing broken old minis and giving them new life.
I have a couple of minis that people have remarked to have never seen that variant before.
I should gather them together for a post - its like rescue pets, but rescue minis!


~~~


Moving along nicely, we got one more White Box in the next post and then...
We turn our focus to the Dark Lands... of Mordor!
dun Dun DUN

Cheers,
Mar


Next Post:  Citadel White Box SS4 - Goblin Raiding Party




2 comments:

  1. I'm really loving these old box sets. Such great miniatures. I feel like Citadel/GW began to take itself too seriously at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer "C" Series over the Pre-Slotta era, but I can still enjoy these vintage minis.

      Delete