Mars Miniatures

Mars Miniatures

Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Hobbit Holiday Shrubbery

 Im on a roll with the ambient music vids. So I might as well capitalize on it. Make the most of the time you got, or so they say. So here is another pic and music vid. This time not an exercise in low light photography, but bright, joyous, happy light! Its the Hobbit Holiday Special. Wherein the Hobbits share some good holiday cheer even in the face of probable upcoming catastrophy of Cthulhic proportions. 

The piece of music was called Celestial Processions and I dont know why. Im sure it meant something at the time after I composed it. Its light and airy and got a little jazzy horn thrown in there. Im sure its the Rohan Hornburg horn section. At any rate, the name and the sound textures fit perfectly with the pic. And yes, its cheesy but I added some 3d snowflake effects. Shoot me, Im feeling nostalgic for some good simple cheer, so I made a Hobbit snow globe. 

Oh and that little shrub is from my Dwarven Forge Wildlands kickstarter starting to trickle in. This one was a small box with the Forest Master Stretch Goals. I got the Heart of the Wild. Which is all 3 biomes - forest, mountain and swamp. How could I afford that? I cant really, but its a long story. So I will be showing off the new terrain as they come in. In the meantime, enjoy the music vid and dont forget the pic and fluff that follows below, where Poppy has a gift to share!

Tuddle and Poppy gather around their little Hobbit Holiday Shrub, as snowflakes bring cheer to the halflings.

"Even small things can make a big difference" - Lady G.
(and no, G doesnt stand for Gaga!)

 


 

Poppy: Here is my gift to everyone...

 


 Poppy: Ta Da!

Tuddle: Its two sticks in the ground and a piece of string. What is it?

Poppy: Something my Gammy taught me when i was little... or littler - on how to catch coneys. Or bunnies as the big folk call em.

Tuddle: Oh I hope we catch some soon then, Im hungry. They are good eating with taters. Or po-ta-toes as the big folk call em.

Anais: Good one, She-Hobbit. You got mad trap-making skills. Should come in handy in our next mission. Might trap coneys sure, but Im hoping it might trap something bigger. Like  Mythos monsters big. Well, one can only hope.

 


1 comment:

  1. The musical snow globe is a wonderful idea!

    Interesting that you got into the DF Wildlands. DF has gotten exponentially more expensive every Kickstarter, and I just can't justify it now. Honestly, though I've got so much terrain that storage is a major problem. I'm probably done buying, and will be crafting from here on out.

    ReplyDelete